Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

GOD is not only GOOD, He is SMART too!

I know that God wants us to learn how to lean on Him.  As single women, we learn that we have to do everything ourselves - that we can't really count on anyone but ourselves.  But God wants us to learn how to DEPEND on HIM. 

For literally MONTHS I have cried out to Him and prayed about a raise at work that I was supposed to get back in the spring for a job that I started on April 1 !!  I couldn't understand all of the 'red tape' and why they just couldn't get the upper management signatures that were required and push it through.  I called myself trying to be patient, but after 6 months went by, I was starting to see red.  THEN, if that wasn't bad enough, I found out that the raise (when it DID come) wouldn't be retroactive!  Are you kidding me??  I began to be obsessed about this situation, even speaking myself to members of my upper management.  The best I got was "I'm so sorry" and "I understand your frustration."  Really??  

After being promised the last two paydays that it "should be on your next check", and finding that it was not - I came home last week and just cried.  I prayed and cried and read my Bible, hoping the God would please tell me SOMETHING!  I said, "God, I don't know what You are doing, so please help me to understand, because whatever it is - I'm NOT getting it!!"  

The Lord showed me that night, (about 9 days ago) that I was clearly becoming obsessed about not getting this raise.  I felt like He was telling me to 'give it to Him'.  At first I cried and said that I didn't understand what that meant.  The more I prayed and cried, the more I felt like He wanted me to give him the raise - I mean, give Him the entire situation about NOT getting the raise.  I struggled with that for awhile longer, but was finally able to come to the point where I could give it to God, and mean it in my heart.  I said, "Lord, I don't care if I NEVER get this raise - it's YOUR money and I am going to just "give" this raise to YOU.  Besides, if the company is 'stealing' from anyone, they are stealing from God, and not from me!"  I decided that night to not speak of it again - not complain or gripe, and not to even ask anyone else to pray with me that I would get my raise.  That night, when I went to bed - I had peace.  
 It wasn't until I was able to 'give it to God' and mean it in my heart, that He moved. 
     

Yesterday - 9 days later - I was called into my boss's office and notified that I finally got my raise!  It had been approved and PRAISE GOD, it is truly exceedingly and abundantly above what I could have asked of or even thought of!!  My raise was over 25%!  And it is retroactive back to 8/1/10, which upper management tells me is absolutely unheard of in this company!!   and that’s not all……
the raise that they gave me was over and above the amount that my supervisor put in for!!  Is that incredible or what!!  The great news about this is ….. had they just made the raise retroactive, I would have received a one-time lump sum for the back pay, and that's all.  With it working out THIS way, not only will I get a lump sum check for an amount back to 8/1/10, but I will also get the new (higher) hourly rate going forward!! 

God is not only GOOD, but He is really SMART - isn't He??   Ultimately, He always has our best in mind…….

No comments: