Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

LOST: 9 inches - and 4 miles tonight!

When I started this "exercise" thing the first of the year, it was all I could do to walk one mile a day and two on the weekend days!  Not only because I was out of shape, but because it was so BORING to do it on the treadmill!!  My January goal was to walk on the treadmill at least 5 out of 7 days each week.  My February goal is to walk 14 miles every week!  Which is only 2 miles a day - but if I miss a day - I HAVE TO MAKE IT UP!  So far I've done VERY well with that goal!

In fact, I'm so excited to announce that I took my measurements today, and I have lost a total of 9 inches (3 of which are around my waist, and 2 on my hips!!)  I was DELIGHTED!   I knew that when the weather broke and I had more opportunities to walk outside, I would be able to increase it!  I'm also thinking about getting the Zumba DVD's (to do in the privacy of my home - haha) or today my girlfriend told me about a ballet class that she takes at the church!  It is a strenuous 2.5 hours on Sat mornings, and I'm positive that I will have to work up to that, but I think that it will help to boost my weight loss.  I'll keep you posted!
 
I'm also thinking of signing up for Weight Watchers (which they also have at the church) because I need the accountability and need to be able to know each week how much I have (or have NOT) lost!  I don't have a bathroom scale here at home, so I don't have any idea how much weight I've lost.  I know what my starting point was, so I'll have to get back to you on THAT number!  Also, I want a friend that can have the same goals as myself and we can share our experiences.

As of today, my countdown shows that I have 89 days until my Alaskan Cruise!  I'm excited about losing some of this weight before we go... but wish that I would have started just a little bit sooner!  
Picture

I also wish that I would have done a "before" picture and then an "after" picture.... but I have enough pictures around here that I think I can use one of these for my "before" picture.   Here's one from June 2010 - notice the big baggy clothes?    
Picture

... and one from July 2010 - again, I'm not very petite. (smile) but - ENOUGH of that!  I'm well on my way and will be posting "as we lose" pictures along the way just for fun!  Stay tuned!

No comments: