Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

disappointment...

As many of you know, I have been planning (for 2 years now) to go on an Alaskan Cruise for my 50th birthday - which is in May of this year.  Unfortunately, it looks like I am not going to be able to go after all.  Due to some unforeseen issues, my dear friend that was supposed to go on this cruise with me - will not be able to attend.   Worse, is that the deadline for final payment of the cruise is Friday 3/4, and it is too short notice to find someone else to go with me. 

Perhaps I will re-schedule and try to go later on in the year.  I have been thinking how nice it would be to take my mother to Alaska for this once-in-a-lifetime experience. 

They say that everything happens for a reason, and only God knows why as well as how truly disappointed I am right now.  But I trust Him and know that not only does He see and know things that I do not, but He always loves me and protects me. 
Picture

 
 
UPDATE:  On 3/03/11 I did cancel my Alaska Cruise for this year.  I was able to re-book for next year and will take my mother.  I was able to get all of my money refunded, and plan to go to Las Vegas for my 50th birthday instead.  Besides, if I go before May of 2012, I will STILL be 50 - right?  It's either that or I might just have to "hold off" on my 50th birthday until the cruise next year!  This is definately going to be a lesson in patience! 


No comments: