Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Moving

Well, it's official!  I have my own place.  I'm moving in about 3 weeks to an apartment in the north end of Columbus.  It's time.  My roommate has been terrific, and we get along GREAT, but it's time for me to be back in my own place.

     These next 3 weeks are going to be a blur - I'm moving the weekend of Dec 10th and then right after that (Dec 14th) I have my Ohio State Medical Board Licensure Exam (yes, that's a Tuesday!).  My roommate will be in and out of town with her travels and helping her mother move to Florida - so we will barely catch each other coming and going over the next 23 days - but I can't wait.  Just please PRAY that that week-end in December will be VERY MILD so that I can move my jungle of houseplants to the new place without all of them dying!

     My family also gets together in December to bake Christmas cookies, and although I'm really not feeling it this year (yet), I know that the grandchildren all look forward to it and have to find time for that in December as well.  I can't believe that Thanksgiving is next week and Christmas is a little over a month away!  Wow.

     For Thanksgiving, I'm going to my son and daughter-in-law's home in Newark.  They are the only ones that have a home big enough to hold all of us.  We don't really get together (the entire family) any other time of year, so this time is very special for me.  Plus, it seems like the "kick-off" for the holiday season and we talk about how we are going to decorate and when we are going to get together to bake cookies, etc.  The women in my family get together the first or second week of December to bake Christmas cookies with the children.  We all try to make 1 or 2 dozen of something different and then we "exchange" with each other so that we have a wide variety of cookies to take home.

     This year I am going to start a NEW TRADITION.  I have a World Vision Catalog, and on Thanksgiving Day, when the whole family is together, we are going to look through the catalog and decide (as a family) what we want to "give" to a needy family in another country for Christmas.  We can purchase a pig or a goat or 2 bunnies or 2 chicks or a combination or variety of animals to give to a family in a less-fortunate country. 

~~ Check out World Visions website to make a one-time donation for the holidays ~~

 http://donate.worldvision.org/OA_HTML/xxwv2ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?go=gift&&section=10389

    
So, what are YOU doing for Thanksgiving this year?  Are you traveling or having family to your house?  Let me know! 

No comments: