Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

What gift are you going to give Jesus for Christmas this year?

Several years ago I read about a woman that “gives” a gift to Jesus every year.  She prays about it, and asks Jesus what He would like for Christmas.  And He tells her!  In the article, she was sharing her testimony of the different things that He has told her over the years.   That just blows my mind!  Not so much the idea that I could ASK Jesus what He wants, but that He would tell me AND THEN I COULD GIVE HIM THAT GIFT!  We often ask our family and friends “what do you want for Christmas?” and I’m challenging you to pray and ask that question of Jesus this Christmas Season.  

 So I ask you Jesus, what would YOU like for Christmas this year from me?  I love you with all of my heart and want to give you a very special gift of self this year.  Please speak to me and tell me what You want this year for Christmas.  And help me to hear and understand what You are telling me.  Amen.”

Please leave a COMMENT and let me know what YOU are going to give to Jesus this year! 

And, like the cute little song says, "Happy Birthday Jesus". 

My Christmas Prayer:  “Jesus, lover of my soul, You are the real reason for this season.  Help me this Christmas to really LIVE a life that shows others the peace and joy and love that I have because of You.  I pray that Christmas this year is about more than just decorations, more presents, hectic schedules, family drama, and more credit card debt.   Help me to have more patience and to show more of YOUR love – not only with my family, but with every stranger that I meet in the mall or at the Customer Service desk, or driving on the road.  

No comments: